Join a rapidly growing team where you can create new and innovative applications to improve the working environment for our staff, customers and suppliers!
- Part of new and exciting projects that will have a visible impact
- A unique role within a driven and passionate team
- Brand new office, Noble Park location
About Nationwide Group
Nationwide Group comprises of Eastern Van Services Pty Ltd, Nationwide Roadside Services Pty Ltd and Nationwide Towing & Transport Pty Ltd. Collectively the group, operating out of four major states, delivers safe automotive & specialist transport solutions. Recently the Royal Auto Club of Victoria (RACV) acquired a majority shareholding.
As an award-winning and certified industry leader, Nationwide has grown to be the largest provider of emergency roadside assistance and specialist towing and transport services in Australia. Over the last 32+ years, Nationwide has consolidated a fragmented industry to create a truly national provider with high levels of service, governance and professionalism.
Nationwide’s credibility and professionalism is reflected by the calibre of our customers which include Australian Automobile Clubs, leading insurers, statutory corporations, roads authorities, Police and regulatory bodies, councils, leading corporates and the general public.
As an innovator and leader in the industry, Nationwide has built its reputation around a platform of service excellence and compliance, based on systems and processes in areas of quality, safety and advanced technology.
Much of Nationwide’s success can be attributed to its investment in people and a consistent strategy, vision and values. “Our people have driven the Company’s achievements and growth, making Nationwide a great place to work”.
Reporting to the Head of ICT, this full-time position will join the ICT team in providing new and innovative applications and integrations, whilst changing and improving the working environment for our staff, customers and suppliers.
In this hands-on role you will support the management of custom-made applications and systems, as well as build new fit for purpose solutions as required by the business.
Eager to diversify your technical ability, you will have exposure to internal, supplier and vendor applications, and be at the forefront of new technology.
With a continuous improvement mindset, you will be solutions focused and enjoy seeing the outcome of your work – which will have a visible impact within the business.
Part of a rapidly growing team and industry, your success will be in supporting the business as it evolves into its next phase.
- Provide training and support to front-line staff on custom developed software, as the internal subject-matter expert
- Develop new API orchestrations to be consumed by internal and external applications
- Provide user, customer and pricing database management
- Design, develop and enhance automated reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Produce technical and end-user documentation
- Resolve coding issues, develop additional features and bug-fixes as required
- Write and maintain Unit Tests for internal codebases
Other hidden gems
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wellness program
- Employee benefits program – including roadside assistance membership, insurance discounts
- Friendly team environment
- Induction & training
- Opportunities for career progression
- We encourage, support and nurture initiative
Skills & experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Python (or similar) scripting
- SQL database table design and queries
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong written & verbal communication
- Energy, drive and passion
- Team player, collaborative
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to multitask & prioritise
- Ability to work well under pressure
How to apply
To APPLY, please submit your resume and cover letter (.docx or .pdf formats accepted only).
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check.
Nationwide Group is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.