Do you enjoy customer service and have a keen eye for detail? Then this role in the fast paced transport industry could be the one for you.
- Employer of Choice – Australian Business Awards 2020!
- Australia’s leading transport company
- Friendly team environment
- New office in Noble Park!
About Nationwide Group – Nationwide Towing & Transport
Nationwide Group comprises of three entities; Eastern Van Services Pty Ltd, Nationwide Roadside Services Pty Ltd and Nationwide Towing & Transport Pty Ltd. Collectively the group delivers safe automotive & specialist transport solutions. Recently the Royal Auto Club of Victoria (RACV) acquired a majority shareholding.
As an award-winning and certified industry leader, over the past 32+ years Nationwide has grown to be the largest provider of emergency roadside assistance and specialist towing and transport services in Australia.
Nationwide Towing & Transport Pty Ltd is Australia’s largest towing and transport operator, delivering approximately 400,000 towing and transport solutions annually for all types of vehicles, a wide range of plant and equipment, unique items and other specialty services such as salvage, clearways, storage and auctions.
At Nationwide Group we pride ourselves on investing in our people, recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards for 2020.
Due to continuous business growth, we are currently in search of three energetic and passionate Dispatch Team Leader’s to join our dynamic Vehicle Dispatch team located at our head office in Noble Park on a Full time basis.
This is not your standard Customer Service role! It is a challenging and varied role where every day is different. This is a fast paced busy environment where the team is committed to customer service and delivering required outcomes on time, every time.
Additionally, we offer a friendly team environment, induction and training and opportunities for career progression. We encourage, support and nurture initiative.
The successful candidate must be available to work between the hours of 2.00pm and 11.00pm and weekends.
- Provide leadership to the Vehicle Dispatch team
- Support the Vehicle Dispatch Manager
- Support and mentor team members
- Assist with training and re-training of staff in line with current policies and procedures
- Provide the highest level of customer service and communication
- Coordinate the flow of timely information to and from our customers
- Answer customer calls, service queries, provide updates and ETAs
- Plan and dispatch trucks in accordance with customer timeframes and workloads
- Develop relationships with our drivers and key customers
- Communicate effectively with drivers to resolve transport issues as they arise
- Liaise with fleet allocators to ensure all delivery requirements are adhered to
- Use initiative to find customer focused solutions
- Actively engage in a culture of business improvement
Other hidden gems
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee benefits program – includes roadside assistance membership, insurance discounts
- Friendly team environment
- Induction & training
- Opportunities for career progression
Skills & experience
The successful candidate will have proven experience in Transport & Logistics or a similar environment, and a passion for exceeding customer expectations.
Furthermore, you will have:
- Leadership skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and a keen eye for error
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to communicate and work well with all types of internal and external customers
- The capacity to meet strict deadlines
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Team player with a positive energy
- Professional and motivated work ethic
- Intermediate computer skills
How to apply
To APPLY, please submit your resume and cover letter (.docx or .pdf formats accepted only).
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check
Nationwide Group is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.