Do you enjoy customer service and have a keen eye for detail? Then this role in the fast paced transport industry could be the one for you!
- Australia’s leading transport company
- Friendly team environment | Wellness program!
- Blackburn location – relocating to new office in Noble Park!
- Development opportunities
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Training provided
About Nationwide Group – Nationwide Towing & Transport
Nationwide Group comprises of Eastern Van Services Pty Ltd, Nationwide Roadside Services Pty Ltd and Nationwide Towing & Transport Pty Ltd. Collectively the group operating out of four major states, delivers safe automotive & specialist transport solutions. Recently the Royal Auto Club of Victoria (RACV) acquired a majority shareholding.
Nationwide Towing & Transport an industry leader and award-winning business established in 1987, is the largest towing and transport operator in Australia and delivers approximately 400,000 towing and transport solutions per annum across Australia for all types of vehicles, a wide range of plant and equipment, unique items and other specialty services such as salvage, clearways, storage and auctions.
Our scale takes many by surprise with a workforce of over 530 representatives and a truck fleet of over 250 vehicles operating nationally.
Due to strong business growth, we are currently seeking two full time Dispatch & Logistics Assistants to join our dynamic team located at our Blackburn Head Office. This position will be to assist in the general day to day running of the Plant & Equipment team.
The successful candidate must be available from Monday to Friday between the hours of 6.00am – 7.00pm. The candidate must also be available for some weekend work.
Reporting to the Plant & Equipment Dispatch Manager, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Accurate data entry of customer bookings
- Answering inbound calls.
- Accurate communication to drivers
- Departmental reporting
- Communication to customers on truck ETA’s
- General office duties and assistance to the Plant & Equipment team.
Other hidden gems
- Wellness program
- Employee benefits program – includes roadside assistance membership, insurance discounts
- Friendly team environment
- Induction & training
- Opportunities for career progression
- We encourage, support and nurture initiative
Skills & experience
To be successful you will possess the following;
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- High attention to detail
- Effective and thorough organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Self-motivated and a can do attitude
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office and Outlook skills.
How to apply
To APPLY, please submit your resume and cover letter (.docx or .pdf formats accepted only).
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check.
Nationwide Towing & Transport is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.