Exciting opportunity to establish, develop and lead the growth of our Gold Coast Accident Assistance team!
- Australia’s leading towing and transport company
- Establish and manage new business
- Opportunity to own, lead and make a difference
- Gold Coast location
About Nationwide Towing & Transport
Nationwide Towing & Transport forms part of the Nationwide Group. Since established in 1960, Nationwide has grown to be the largest provider of specialist towing and transport, emergency roadside assistance, storage and auctions in Australia. Recently the RACV acquired a major shareholding in the Nationwide Group.
Nationwide is the industry leader and award-winning certified business with more than 600 representatives and a fleet of over 450 vehicles operating from Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Nationwide has gained a reputation for safety and professionalism in the industry. We partner with the leading Australian royal automobile clubs, statutory corporations, road authorities, state police, local councils, national and multinational corporations, and the public.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, this new and hands-on role will be responsible for leading the establishment and management of accident assistance towing and transport services, in line with business values and practices.
The Accident Assistance Manager will work closely with the Project Team and Service Delivery departments to establish a new business strategy and ensure its operations are managed in a safe, efficient, reputable and professional manner.
Staying true to Nationwide’s core values, the focus and strategy for ‘Accident Assistance’ will be helping people, customers, insurers and supporting the associated community whilst conducting these services professionally, safely and legally.
Whilst accident assistance is a new venture for Nationwide, there is a significant opportunity to distinguish ourselves in the market and provide other services that are complementary to our existing model whilst expanding our national footprint and reputation in the industry.
- Establish, develop and lead the QLD Accident Assistance Business
- Ensure the operations are managed in a safe, efficient, reputable and professional manner
- Complete Accident Assistance towing jobs
- Develop and maintain structure, systems, processes and KPI’s in line with the department strategies including resource management, compliance, customer service, rosters, reports & business improvements
- Provide regular performance reports to relevant stakeholders/management team
- Recruitment and management of Tow Truck Operators
- Monitoring and management of TTO training, competency, efficiency, performance and compliance
- Work with Business Development to engage with customers and identify opportunities for growth
- Manage the 24/7 Operations
- Manage Financial Performance and P&L
Other hidden gems
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee benefits program – includes roadside assistance membership, insurance discounts
- Friendly team environment
- Induction & training
- Opportunities for career progression
- We encourage, support and nurture initiative
Skills & experience
- Accident/Smash Towing Knowledge & Experience
- Proven Management/Leadership experience
- Strong customer focus
- Superior problem solving and conflict resolution
- Critical thinking & decision making
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- A commitment to safe work practices
- A passion for leadership and team building
- Ability to initiate, build, implement and review transport operational processes and initiatives
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to multitask and prioritise
- A proactive and motivated approach
- Project management
- Experience in the Transport & Logistics Industry / towing experience
- Sound understanding of relevant NHVR legislation and QLD Tow Truck regulations
- Heavy Vehicle Licence
- Tow Truck Licence (Smash Licence)
How to apply
To APPLY, please submit your resume and cover letter (.docx or .pdf formats accepted only.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and pre-employment medical.
Nationwide Group is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.