INFRASTRUCTURE / SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Highly experienced, technical individual working with the latest enterprise technologies. Take ownership of this critical & challenging role!
- Role based in System Design, Implementation & Infrastructure Support
- Larger enterprise organisation with many employee benefits!
- Blackburn location – relocating to new office in Noble Park!
About Nationwide Group
Nationwide Group comprises of Eastern Van Services Pty Ltd, Nationwide Roadside Services Pty Ltd and Nationwide Towing & Transport Pty Ltd. Collectively the group operating out of four major states, delivers safe automotive & specialist transport solutions. Recently the Royal Auto Club of Victoria (RACV) acquired a majority shareholding.
As an award-winning and certified industry leader, Nationwide has grown to be the largest provider of emergency roadside assistance and specialist towing and transport services in Australia. Over the last 32+ years, Nationwide has consolidated a fragmented industry to create a truly national provider with high levels of service, governance and professionalism.
Nationwide’s credibility and professionalism is reflected by the calibre of our customers which include Australian Automobile Clubs, leading insurers, statutory corporations, roads authorities, Police and regulatory bodies, councils, leading corporates and the general public.
As an innovator and leader in the industry, Nationwide has built its reputation around a platform of service excellence and compliance, based on systems and processes in areas of quality, safety and advanced technology.
Much of Nationwide’s success can be attributed to its investment in people and a consistent strategy, vision and values. “Our people have driven the Company’s achievements and growth, making Nationwide a great place to work”.
About the ICT Department
Nationwide Group is rapidly growing as a business, and with that growth its technology needs are growing and are in turn ever changing. We believe technology is a key factor to the success of the business and as such Nationwide Group has invested significant amount of capital in developing and implementing industry leading and specialised ICT systems, solutions, and infrastructure.
As the Infrastructure / Senior Systems Engineer we are looking for a candidate who will take ownership and responsibility of Nationwide’s core systems and infrastructure. Being a senior member of the ICT team you’ll be expected to advise and develop improvements in all facades of ICT to further strengthen the business operations of the company.
- Design and implement major projects and upgrades to core systems and infrastructure to continually innovate operations and support business growth
- Proactively identify potential problem areas for core systems and infrastructure and perform ongoing maintenance and optmisation for these core systems and infrastructure as needed
- Act as an SME resource for the ICT Team by providing technical training, mentoring and guidance
- Investigate and resolve escalated incidents from the ICT Service Desk team when required
Skills & experience
A demonstrated 5 + years' experience with advanced troubleshooting skills across various Microsoft and related technologies is a requirement for this role.
The successful candidate will be technically experienced with the following technologies.
- Microsoft Server Stack 2003 - current
- Active Directory and Federation Services
- VMware vSphere and Site Recovery Manager
- SAN Architectures (FC, iSCSI, Replication)
- Advanced networking skillsets in LAN / WAN / MPLS / WLAN
- Various High availability / clustering technologies (e.g. – MSCS, CCR, HSR)
- Enterprise Firewalls / Security / Anti-Virus
- Backup and Disaster Recovery methodologies
- VoIP –PBX and HA SBC Technologies
- Technical and user documentation
A thorough understanding of ITIL framework for Incident, Request and Change Management procedures coupled with solid communication skills will be highly desired. A current Industry certification (i.e. CCNA, MCSA/MCSE) or Diploma in Information Technology or University Degree in IT/Information Systems is also highly desired but is not essential.
Nationwide is looking for a candidate who is team focused, self-sufficient and flexible with hours. The ability to plan, take ownership and manage multiple tasks & projects is essential.
Nationwide Group Employment Incentives
- Wellness program
- Employee benefits program - includes roadside assistance membership & insurance discounts
- Opportunities for career progression
- We encourage, support and nurture initiative
How to apply
To APPLY please submit your resume and cover letter.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check.
Nationwide Group is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to APPLY.