A busy, hands on role to effectively manage the WA Team of Operations Staff and Tow Truck Operators based at our Perth office.
- Australia's leading towing and transport company
- Dynamic, hands-on and strategic role – no two days are the same!
- Manage an independent operation within a national business
Reporting to the National Operations Manager, this busy, hands on role will involve effectively leading a team of Operations Staff and Tow Truck Operators (TTOs) and managing the everyday operations in Perth.
In this diverse role you will own and manage all WA functions and operations including people, fleet, customers, financials, processes, systems, properties and compliance.
As the Operations Manager your role is to develop, execute, own and drive strategies & plans to ensure the WA Operations is managed in a safe, efficient and profitable manner, ensuring all KPI's and contractual obligations are met to provide the highest level of customer service.
Additionally, we offer a friendly team environment, induction and training and opportunities for career progression. We encourage, support and nurture initiative.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of the Operations Staff and Tow Truck Operators including effective recruitment, induction, training, forecasting, planning, rostering, engagement, development, leadership and performance management
- Achieving business and customer KPIs for the WA operations
- Growth & financial management including P&L management
- Reporting and analysis of WA business Performance
- Manage customer contracts including tenders and proposals through to execution and daily management
- Work closely with Sales to secure and execute new business development opportunities
- Build and maintain solid customer and third party stakeholder relationships
- Investigating and resolving complaints and HSE incidents
- Promoting safe work practices and a safety culture
- Compliance with Safety, Environment and Quality Management Systems
- Communication including preparing and conducting effective team meetings
- Developing strong and effective relationships with internal departments and stakeholders
- Analysing and improving operational performance
- Managing the office, property and site of Operations
- Driving a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Monitoring truck and TTO efficiency, productivity and utilisation
Other hidden gems
- Company car & fuel card
- Bonus incentive scheme
- Wellness program
- Induction & training
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee benefits program - includes roadside assistance membership, insurance discounts
- We encourage, support and nurture initiative
Skills & experience
- Proven experience in a supervisory/management role (minimum 3-5 years experience)
- A passion for leadership and team building
- Transport or Automotive industry experience (an advantage but not essential)
- Experience in managing operations in accordance with contracted/legislative/compliance standards
- Business development experience
- Commercially minded with a strong business acumen
- P&L management and budgetary experience
- A commitment to safety and quality
- Ability to initiate, build, implement and review transport operational processes and initiatives
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent time management
- A professional and motivated approach to work
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Effective decision making
- Strong customer service
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated project management experience
Experience with roster development and fatigue management is an advantage but not essential.
If you have a passion to succeed and provide service excellence then we encourage you to apply!
How to apply
Click APPLY and send your resume and cover letter or contact Eliza from the HR Department on (08) 6377 7970 for a confidential discussion.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and pre-employment medical.
Nationwide Towing & Transport is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to APPLY.