INFRASTRUCTURE / SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER – AFTERNOON / NIGHT SHIFT
Highly experienced, technical individual working with the latest enterprise technologies. Take ownership of this critical role!
About Nationwide Group
The Nationwide Group comprises Nationwide Towing & Transport, Eastern Van Services and Nationwide Roadside Services and was established in 1987. In October 2017, the Royal Auto Club of Victoria acquired 51% of Nationwide.
As an award-winning and certified industry leader, Nationwide has grown to be the largest provider of emergency roadside assistance and specialist transport and towing services in Australia. Over the last 30 years, Nationwide has consolidated a fragmented industry to create a truly national provider with high levels of service, governance and professionalism.
Our credibility and professionalism is reflected by the calibre of our customers which include Australian Automobile Clubs, insurers, statutory corporations, roads authorities, Police and regulatory bodies, councils, leading corporates and the general public.
As an innovator and leader in the industry, Nationwide has built its reputation around a platform of service excellence and compliance, based on systems and processes in areas of quality, safety and advanced technology.
Much of Nationwide’s success can be attributed to its investment in people and a consistent strategy, vision and values. Our people have driven the Company’s achievements and growth, making Nationwide “a great place to work”.
About the ICT Department
Nationwide Group is rapidly expanding and in just the last 3 years the ICT team has doubled in size!
With the company always regarding ICT as an integral part of the business, it has invested significant amount of capital in developing and implementing industry leading and specialised ICT systems, solutions, and infrastructure.
The role, the responsibilities and what you will own
Being the highest level in the support team, we are looking for that candidate that really wants to take ownership of all systems and infrastructure and will be able to provide and advise on any improvements to further bolster the relationship with the company. One way to do this is maintain our 99.999% uptime KPI - this will really show you know what you’re talking about!
Working independently during afternoon/night shift you will be responsible for:
- Analyse, monitor, manage and resolve escalated incidents
- Implement projects and major changes to the ICT Systems for continual improvement
- Senior escalation point for the national Service Desk
- Identifying any system weaknesses and faults and restoring to normal service with minimum service disruption
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior ICT support staff, managers and business units with regard to technical and best practices
Skills & experience
A demonstrated 5 + years' experience with advanced troubleshooting skills across various Microsoft and related technologies is a requirement for this role.
The successful candidate will be technically experienced with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Server Operating System 2003 - 2016
- Exchange Server 2010 - 2016
- Active Directory and Federation Services
- VMware vSphere 5.0 – 6.5 and Site Recovery Manager
- SAN Architectures (FC, iSCSI, Replication)
- Terminal Server Farm Environments
- Advanced networking skillsets in LAN / WAN / MPLS / WLAN
- Various High availability / clustering technologies (eg – MSCS, CCR, HSR)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - 2016
- Enterprise Firewalls / Security / Anti-Virus
- Backup and Disaster Recovery methodologies
- Mobile Technologies (Including IOS) and Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- VoIP –PBX and HA SBC Technologies
- Application support
- Technical and user documentation
You will have a thorough understanding of ITIL and Incident, Request and Change Management processes and tools coupled with solid communication skills. You are also team oriented, self-sufficient, flexible with hours and have the ability to take ownership, plan, prioritise and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously through to completion.
A current Industry certification (i.e. CCNA, MCSA/MCSE) or Diploma in Information Technology or University Degree in IT/Information Systems will be an advantage but is not essential.
Other hidden gems
- Afternoon/night shift with flexibility
- Working with the latest enterprise technologies
- Corporate health and wellbeing program
- Employee benefits program - includes roadside assistance membership, insurance discounts
- Friendly team environment
- Induction & training
- Opportunities for career progression
- We encourage, support and nurture initiative
How to apply
Click APPLY and send your resume and cover letter or contact Tayla from the HR Department on (03) 9875 6070 for a confidential discussion.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and pre-employment medical.
Nationwide Towing & Transport is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to APPLY.