GROUP HSE MANAGER
Industry leader looking for a hands on, experienced HSE professional who has what it takes to lead the focus on safety and chain of responsibility.
- Varied and rewarding role
- Permanent full time position
- Blackburn location
About Nationwide Group
The Nationwide Group comprises Nationwide Towing & Transport, Eastern Van Services and Nationwide Roadside Services and was established in 1987. In October 2017, the Royal Auto Club of Victoria acquired 51% of Nationwide.
As an award-winning and certified industry leader, Nationwide has grown to be the largest provider of emergency roadside assistance and specialist transport and towing services in Australia. Over the last 30 years, Nationwide has consolidated a fragmented industry to create a truly national provider with high levels of service, governance and professionalism.
Our credibility and professionalism is reflected by the calibre of our customers which include Australian Automobile Clubs, insurers, statutory corporations, roads authorities, Police and regulatory bodies, councils, leading corporates and the general public.
As an innovator and leader in the industry, Nationwide has built its reputation around a platform of service excellence and compliance, based on systems and processes in areas of quality, safety and advanced technology.
Much of Nationwide’s success can be attributed to its investment in people and a consistent strategy, vision and values. Our people have driven the Company’s achievements and growth, making Nationwide “a great place to work”.
At Nationwide, Safety is first and foremost. Reporting to the CEO, and being part of the Senior Management Team, you will own, lead and manage all HSE and risk related functions across the business by developing and executing plans to minimise risk, ensure safety and compliance and encourage continuous improvement.
- Hands on management and leadership of our risk and exposure reduction and injury prevention strategies
- Proactively manage WorkCover and return to work practices
- Provide advice and reports to the Board, senior management and other key stakeholders
- Develop, implement and maintain all HSE policies, procedures and systems
- Proactive compliance with national and state laws, including chain of responsibility laws
- Coordination and completion of all HSE projects
- Maintenance of AS4801 and ISO14001 accreditation
- Reviewing training documentation to ensure compliance
- Proactive management of our compliance database ensuring implementation of corrective / preventative actions
- Contractor WHS management and monitoring
- Internal and external auditing
Other hidden gems
- Wellness program
- Employee benefits program - includes RACV roadside assistance membership and insurance discounts
- Friendly team environment
- Induction & training
- Opportunities for career progression
- We encourage, support and nurture initiative and continuous improvement
Skills & experience
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in a similar role
- A related qualification in HSE and Quality
- Prior experience managing and developing a critical functional team
- Sound knowledge of WHS legislation, codes of practise, WorkCover and RTW
- Proven experience with AS4801 & ISO14001 audit and accreditation
- Strong communication both verbal and written
How to apply
Click APPLY and send your resume and cover letter or contact Tayla from the HR Department on (03) 9875 6070 for a confidential discussion.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and pre-employment medical.
Nationwide Towing & Transport is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to APPLY.