SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Highly experienced & technical individual working with the latest enterprise technologies. Take ownership of this critical role within the company!
The company, the brand, the image
We are the leaders in our industry, being a national company we have a very large footprint throughout Australia. We pride ourselves in how diverse our company is, and the innovation we bring to our industry.
Being an established business for over the last 30 years, this company is rapidly expanding… in just the last 3 years the ICT team has now tripled in size!
With the company always seeing ICT as an integral part of the business, it has invested significant amount of capital in developing and implementing industry leading and specialised ICT systems, solutions, and infrastructure.
The role, the responsibilities and what you will own
Being the highest level in the support team, we are looking for that candidate that really wants to take ownership of all systems and infrastructure and will be able to provide and advise on any improvements to further bolster the relationship with the company. One way to do this is maintain our 99.999% uptime KPI - this will really show you know what you’re talking about!
Some of the other outline responsibilities will be:
- Analyse, monitor, manage and resolve escalated incidents
- Implement projects and major changes to the ICT Systems for continual improvement
- Senior escalation point for the national Service Desk
- Identifying any system weaknesses and faults and restoring to normal service with minimum service disruption
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior ICT support staff, managers and business units with regard to technical and best practices
Skills & experience, bringing it all to the table
A demonstrated 5 + years' experience with advanced troubleshooting skills across various Microsoft and related technologies is a requirement for this role.
The successful candidate will be technically experienced with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Server Operating System 2003 - 2016
- Exchange Server 2010 - 2016
- Active Directory and Federation Services
- VMware vSphere 5.0 – 6.5 and Site Recovery Manager
- SAN Architectures (FC, iSCSI, Replication)
- Terminal Server Farm Environments
- Advanced networking skillsets in LAN / WAN / MPLS / WLAN
- Various High availability / clustering technologies (eg – MSCS, CCR, HSR)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - 2016
- Enterprise Firewalls / Security / Anti-Virus
- Backup and Disaster Recovery methodologies/li>
- Mobile Technologies (Including IOS) and Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- VoIP –PBX and HA SBC Technologies
- Application support
- Technical and user documentation
You will have a thorough understanding of ITIL and Incident, Request and Change Management processes and tools coupled with solid communication skills. You are also team oriented, self-sufficient, flexible with hours and have the ability to take ownership, plan, prioritise and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously through to completion.
A current Industry certification (i.e. CCNA, MCSA/MCSE) or Diploma in Information Technology or University Degree in IT/Information Systems will be an advantage but is not essential.
Other hidden gems
- Competitive salary
- Working with the latest enterprise technologies
- Wellness program
- Employee benefits program - includes roadside assistance membership, insurance discounts
- Friendly team environment
- Induction & training
- Opportunities for career progression
- We encourage, support and nurture initiative
How to apply
Click APPLY and send your resume and cover letter or contact Tayla from the HR Department on (03) 9875 6071 for a confidential discussion.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and pre-employment medical.
Nationwide Towing & Transport is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to APPLY.