An opportunity for an experienced and passionate Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Officer to join a fast growing company and really make a difference.
- Australia’s largest towing & transport company
- Permanent full time position
- Located in Blackburn
We have an exciting opportunity for a Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Officer to join our HSE team at our office located in Blackburn, Victoria.
Reporting to the National HSE Manager, you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Providing timely and accurate advice to managers and employees on Health and Safety and Environmental related matters
- Performing WHS and Environmental audits
- Administering WHS/Environmental functions across the business
- Updating and review of WHS/Environmental documentation and maintenance of accurate WHS and Environmental records
- Assisting Department Managers in compliance with Nationwide WHS Procedures, AS4801 and ISO14001 requirements
- Managing Incident reporting, investigations and successful implementation of control measures
- Creating safety communications for dissemination across the business
- Conducting Risk Assessments
- Workers compensation claims management
- Monitoring and coordinating testing and inspection of all Health and Safety resources
- Co-ordination of the company Health and Wellbeing program
Other responsibilities will include:
- Managing Safety and Environmental internal/external audit functions nationally
Other hidden gems
- Wellness program
- Employee benefits program - includes roadside assistance membership, insurance discounts
- Friendly team environment
- Induction & training
- Opportunities for career progression
- We encourage, support and nurture initiative
Skills & experience
Do you have a good understanding of the relevant WorkCover and Health and Safety and Environmental legislation? Do you have strong motivation to minimise incidents and the impact on workers compensation on both the employer and employees? Are you a sharp, assertive and reliable individual with a passion for safety & quality? Is attention to detail your thing? Can you demonstrate strong initiative and do you have the ability to work both autonomously and within a team?
Your ability to effectively mentor line managers in incident mitigation, reporting, WHS & Environmental audits will be the key to your success.
Also critical is:
- Experience in a similar role
- Relevant qualification
- Enthusiasm and a positive energy
- High attention to detail and a keen eye for error
- Outstanding communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills
- A 'people person' with the ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels
- Quick and keen learner
- Very strong organisational skills
- Proactive and the ability to work autonomously
- Keen sense of urgency
- Time management
(Transport industry experience preferable but not essential.)
The opportunity and desire to learn about and manage Workers Compensation claims from claim acceptance to return to work forms part of this role.
How to apply
Click APPLY and send your resume and cover letter or contact Eliza from the HR Department on (03) 9875 6072 for a confidential discussion.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a police check and pre-employment medical.
Nationwide Towing & Transport is a smoke free workplace.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click here to APPLY.